Friday, August 8, 2008

why so serious?





From now on, I move to new domain: www.nicnocquee.com/blog visit me there, ok
read more..


by george



O.k, so on monday my friend called to inform me she had tickets to a screening of Rusty Nails documentary (still a work-in-progress), Dead On:. The Life and Cinema of George A. Romero at the Melbourne international film festival, and that I should get my ass on a tram a.s.a.p. Old George is one of my idols for life, purely on the strength of his incredible Dawn of the dead, which, as you know, is the quintessentially definitive zombie film, and the high-water mark by which all others shall b
read more..


hand-held funny action movie



there are superhero movies and there is hancock. will smith joac un rol amuzant [a se citi confuz] ntr-un film la fel de amuzant, a se citi la fel de confuz. dac primele secvene promit something that can hardly raise an eyebrow high enough to keep the eye open, situaiunea se schimb pentru c pur [...]
read more..


why so serious?



So I finally saw Batman. I think what annoys me most about not seeing a movie opening day is that I have expectations. Expectations different than those I had originally. Does that make sense? Once everyone has seen the movie except you, they hint and they smile and they tell you whats so great, etc. However, I was not anticipating the way this movie unfolded. I think it was all of the meaningless deaths that made me dislike it so. Ive been trying for ever so long to figure out a way to descr
read more..


The Mummy 3 - TXT Message Review



So, my friend Ryan is moving to England till the end of the year. Its great for his career, but terrible for my social life. Since he flies out tomorrow, I met up with Ryan for brews and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. Afterward, I flipped my phone to give the Nick the rundown. (btw, that movie is great) As usual, 160 characters or less: Too many one-liners, even for a movie about mummies - but otherwise enjoyable. Also, Maria Bello >> Rachel Weisz. Side note: did you know Mic
read more..

No comments: