Thursday, August 7, 2008

Review The Last Samurai (2003)



Movie Review - Rocky Balboa



Soundtrack Sample: Rocky Theme Rocky Balboa remains one of the most enduring of all screen icons, alongside Rambo, the Terminator, and perhaps John McClane from Die Hard, to have been born out of the 20th Century. Sylvester Stallone was nominated for a screenplay and acting Oscar for the original film, which won 3 overall at the end of the night (Directing, Editing and Picture) and launched a successful career for himself. Whereas the years have been kind to almost all our aging action stars
read more..


Lost Boys: The Tribe - 2008 - P.J. Pesce



This was never going to reach the expectations of the prequel. Angus Sutherland replaces his elder half brother as a vampire and Corey Feldman was convinced to reprise his role. All in all, matches Lost Boys in look and style. Not a cult classic like the first one, but not offensive. Brian Murray
read more..


Batman: The Dark Knight (Movie Review)



I don't go and see a ton of movies in theatre. Ask me about music, I'll have all the answers you're looking for. Movies I don't pay attention to. Do you know there's a cartoon Star Wars movie coming out? I didn't. But I digress... Here's my movie review for The Dark Knight. Is this the ending? No? Okay, then this must be the ending. No? Hmmm. Well Heath is pretty good in this... but Oscar worthy? Hmmm. Okay, this is the ending now right? Why couldn't they have just ended things at Batman Retu
read more..


Top Ten Childrens Videos of the Summer, 2008



This summer, I have some great childrens videos to share with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as my little viewers did-or even as much as I, the adult, did. So here you go, the top ten childrens videos of 2008 (at least in my opinion): 64 Zoo Lane Ages: 2 to 5 64 Zoo Lane is a fantastically cute cartoon about a little girl named Lucy and her playground, the zoo. Lucy lives on 64 Zoo Lane which just so happens to be right next door to the local zoo-and by next door, I mean within hands
read more..


Step Brothers (Movie Review)



Unlike Dark Knight (see below) the time in the theatre seemed to go by quickly. I'm not some huge Will Farrell fan like some people are, and I sort of thought this movie was going to be pretty stupid. Much like when I saw Dark Knight the day before, I was getting in for free thanks to some peeps with all the hook-ups, so if this movie really stank, we could have walked out having lost nothing but time. With that said, this movie was pretty fucking hilarious. A few times I found myself thinkin
read more..


Costners Swing Vote



Been a long couple of weeks. Went on business travel at the end of the month, got home and was pretty much wiped, which meant an entire weekend spent pretty much asleep in my bed. Kinda funny, my internal voice was having an argument with my conscience over whether or not to get up and be motivated. Found my way out of the house a couple of times, but it was too bleepin hot, so the crawl back in bed voice won. This, much to the chagrin of my lawn which desperately needs my attention..
read more..


A Very Special Love Movie Review



Last night we went to Mall of Asia to watch A Very Special Love the movie starring Sarah Geronimo and John Lloyd Cruz. It may sound Baduy, but i dont really care at all. Actually we bought two tickets to also watch The Mummy Part 3. A movie marathon last night! The movie of Sarah and John Lloyd was actually not a boring type of Pinoy movie. The typical story between the rich guy and poor girl again proved an effective story line. Sarahs acting was surprisingly very good. The 20-year old
read more..


AFTER THE THIN MAN (1936)



THE DOG STEALS THE CLUE, THEN EATS IT FUN TRIO Directed by: W.S. Van Dyke Written by: Dashiell Hammett Starring: William Powell, Myrna Loy, James Stewart, Elissa Landi, Asta Additional Syllables: The scene where Nick & Nora arrive at their house to find a welcome home booze fest in progress, were the guests dont recognize the couple is classic. The dog Asta is the real star! Rating: 8.5 out of 10 stars IMDB ROTTEN TOMATOES TCM 353 links: THE THIN MAN (1934) MY MAN GODFREY (1
read more..


Review The Last Samurai (2003)



Earlier circumstance out to contract on the foe, he mustiness coach Nipponese military personnel, many of whom have never level pink-slipped a weapon (a scenario t I liked many of his films (nigh notably Risky Business, Taps, and The Colour of Money) Original movie review for parent Tags: Business Money, Circumstance, Coach, Colour Of Money, Films, Foe, Military Personnel, Movie Review, Pink, Risky Business, Samurai, Taps Related posts Should Airlines Charge Deploying Troops For Their Bag
read more..

No comments: